Thursday 12 June 2008

Busy in the Garden

A few pictures from my June garden. First - just part of the display of the Paul's Himalayan Musk rose which stretches virtually the width of my garden.

Paeonies and new little plants to fill the gaps where I have turfed-out "thugs".

A new corner where I have extended the border, gradually being planted up with Delphiniums, Hollyhocks, Snapdragons , Cranesbill, a Mahonia and cuttings a friend's husband gave me.

Rose "Rosy Mantle" hanging from an apple tree.

Humble Bee and Foxgloves (self-seeded).

"Johnson's Blue" Geraniums beneath another apple tree.

Behind the Johnson's Blue, grows Roserie de l'Hay, one of my Christmas present roses from our earliest years here in Wales.

Above her, in the apple tree, grows "Constance Spry".

Another view of some more Paul's Himalayan Musk. The evening light was poor.

A close-up of some of the thousands of blooms it produces each June.


I will grow it in any future garden, as the scent is just sublime.

2 comments:

Greentwinsmummy said...

gasp!! oh wow!if mine grows like that indeed GTD will need to make another arch LOL!the last photo of it is lovely too BB :O)
Ahh i love foxgloves,hope I get flowers on mine this year :o)
GTM
x

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics! Especially the foxglove, I just love their petal shape :)