Thursday 22 May 2008

A Woman's Daybook

I hope that my dear friend Nancy won't mind me copying this idea from her blog entry, but I thought it was a way of getting to know folks a bit better.


Outside My Window… The garden is glistening from a recent shower of rain and my rambler roses are covered in a million buds.

I am thinking… I'm glad it rained, so I don't have to water round my plants tonight.

I am thankful for… speaking to both my daughters on the phone in the last 24 hours. It brings them closer.

From the kitchen…there is still the smell of garlic wafting up the stairs.

I am wearing… baggy trousers and my favourite stripey top.

I am creating… am embroidered quilt block for an exchange. I hope to get to the dragonfly tonight (it's a pond scene).

I am going… to post this then go downstairs and sew.

I am reading…Mary Webb's "Gone to Earth" and also Phil Rickman's "Crybbe".

I am hoping… that my horse Fahal will find the most wonderful new home.

I am hearing…birds singing their evening songs.

Around the house… cats are snoozing, and it is quiet because I am on my own (which doesn't happen very often).

One of my favorite things… making beautiful things.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Plant some more vegetable seeds; meet up with my dear friend Mary and her husband tomorrow, at an antiques fair they have a stall at.

Here is picture thought I am sharing…




6 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you did a Daybook, Jennie! Your embroidery sounds so pretty and I love when it rains and I get a little break from watering. :0)
Enjoy your quiet day.
~Kelli

hen said...

What an absolutely beautiful post. Transported me.

hen
xxx

Pixiedust said...

Thats Nice BB, what a good idea. I hope your enjoying your evening of peace and quiet. Many Thanks for the gorgeous PIF gift you sent me. It arrived today and I'm pleased to bits with it. I will have to put my PIF up on my blog at the weekend.

Leanne said...

what a good idea,, i think i will'borrow' it too!

Leanne x

Strawberry Lane said...

The sounds of a wonderful day ...! And what a delightful idea ... a Daybook. Humm, just might try that on a quiet day. The photo is beautiful!

Bovey Belle said...

SL - the photo is one of a series I took of a hillside on the way to Builth Wells, absolutely COVERED in bluebells - acres and acres of them. I gasp at it every year. This time I had the sense to stop and nip out with my camera. I will post some more over the weekend.