Tuesday 20 May 2008

Look what arrived for me today!

(Click on photos to enlarge)



This gorgeous American apron was sent to me by my dear friend Nancy in America, and I won it by taking part in a competition on her blog. It looked pretty in her photos - all I can say is that in real life it is even better. All hand-sewn, with giant ric-rac and tiny ric-rac and lovely stitching, and every time I look at it (it is really too precious to wear, except perhaps for VERY special occasions) I will feel a connection with the lady who spent her evenings sewing it. As a needlewoman myself (hmmm - after a fashion!) I appreciate hand-made crafts by other people.


Isn't this just the PRETTIEST wool you have ever seen? I had to keep stroking it! I don't know what I will make with it yet, but I may crochet a little something for one of my girls. We shall see.




These are two tiny little Cardinals, which I have always loved ever since my penpal in Alaska sent me a Christmas card with Cardinals on one year.



This is a little folder for putting two photographs in, and so I think I will put a photo each of my daughters (away at Uni) in there. That cover is SO pretty.


Last but not least, a very personalised ATC style card from Nancy. She is SO talented and clever and no mean artist. It is something I would love to have a go at, so perhaps when the dark winter evenings and the wet Welsh winter days arrive, I shall try my hand at these myself.

A big, BIG thankyou to Nancy for her kindness and generosity - and of course, most of all, her friendship.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Such wonderful and beautiful gifts, Jennie! I love that pretty apron!
~Kelli

Greentwinsmummy said...

lovely gifts BB! Nancy you are a talented lady ,the apron is stunning
:o)

nancy said...

I am so glad it finally arrived. I was getting concerned. It was good timing, though, a lift when needed.
Nancy

Bovey Belle said...

Cheered me up no end Nancy! MANY thanks.