Thursday 8 January 2009

A gift for Nancy

This cushion cover is one I made for my dear friend Nancy, and now it has arrived safely with her, I can show it on here. I started on it last summer, but then got into a non-crafting mood for months on end, so it only got finally finished just before Christmas. There is beading, and beaded embroidery, and applique and I got the idea in an American crafting magazine.



My cold is still lingering and I am keeping myself warm indoors - don't want to push my luck by getting thoroughly chilled out on a walk with my camera. We have been leaving the central heating on round the clock the past couple of days, for fear that we will have burst pipes. Roll on spring and the heat-wave "they" are predicting this summer. Let's hope if that happens, our spring doesn't dry up . . .

6 comments:

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

That cover is gorgeous! It sort of encapulates 'spring",
Anything with bees or hives and I am in love!
Get well soon and just enjoy bunking down and laying alittle low for awhile

Willow said...

I love this cover too - it's really individual with all the beading etc. and I'm sure your friend is delighted with it! I've had a similar "go slow" on my craft projects, just can't seem to get motivated at the moment. The trouble is, I'm impatient for the Spring to arrive, so that I can get into the garden - but I'm not really making best use of these chilly "indoor" days!!
Willow x

Arlene G said...

It is too cute Jennie...stay inside and drink lots of fluids. Hope you feel better soon.

LBP said...

What a pretty cover! Nancy is very lucky!

Hope you feel better soon.

Blessings

Linda

sukipoet said...

What a lovely gift for your friend. I do hope your cold moves along quickly. I love it that you say you have been leaving the central heating on round the clock. Zounds. What hardy folk you must be to turn it off in the winter under normal circumstances. Or am i just one of those energy wasting Americans???

Goosey said...

That cushion cover is lovely, thats a lovely gift to receive