Monday 22 December 2008

Wreath

I did the wreath this afternoon. We go for the natural look, with bits and pieces we have garnered from the hedgerows. I cut pussy willow twigs to form the base, woven together. Then long strands of ivy woven around that, then some lovely old-gold coloured oak leaves from a sapling at the bottom of a hedgerow, and some sprigs of ivy in flower. Then I wound round a length of the rag swag I had left over from making the big one the other evening. The ivy flowers on the left didn't want to tuck in any further, so I balanced it with the oak leaves on the other side. We prefer our "wildwood" wreaths to the sort you get in the shops and markets.


The new Christmas cat is still hanging around. We have called him Jasper as he looks like a Jasper . . . but there is family dissent over this! He is a dark tabby with very broad and few stripes, white paws and a white throat and little splash one side of his nose. He isn't too nervous about us, but moves away if we open the door. I'm not sure if he will stay - he might just be here whilst the hunting is bad . . .

3 comments:

Greentwinsmummy said...

your wreath is gorgeous BB x sorry to hear T is poorly we are all on the brink of another blasted cold gaaaa for folks that eat healthy & take lots of excercise & dont hang round shopping centres lol! I am beggered to know why we get these horrid colds pah!!
Lets pray everyone shakes it off/doesnt get it until after the 25th lol!!
Jasper sounds very handsome,can you catch a sneaky picture of him?
GTM x x x

Bovey Belle said...

I doubt I can get a photo yet GTM - he arrives under cover of darkness and lives in the third stable along which has the most junk in it!

Hope you manage to shake off the worst of the cold before Christmas Day. I can remember being really ill with flu one Christmas and was in bed for three weeks. When I finally managed to get up again, there was not one Christmas morsel left to eat . . .

nancy said...

How did I miss this! It is beautiful!