Thursday 18 December 2008

Christmas Swag



I spent yesterday evening assembling this and it looks GREAT. All you need are approximately 2 metres of assorted Christmas prints - red and green obviously, but I had a creamy pattern too. Press and cut into strips 4" long x 2" wide (sorry, I've not got a metric head!). Take a ball of green jute string (which doesn't show if you haven't tied the strips tight together). I left my loose end inside the ball and kept pulling until I'd used my strips. Then you just fold each strip in half and then tie it around the string, alternating colours and pushing the rags close together to hide the twine. Put a loop either end and hang on wall. MANY thanks to Mrs T in America for this - check out her Christmas blog for some great ideas and inspiration.

6 comments:

Arlene G said...

Great idea Jennie...thanks for the sweet words about my GRands!!Merry Christmas.

Maggie Christie said...

It does look great! You're very clever. And I love the curtains on the previous post too. I'm currently looking for similar.

Itsy has settled in really well. She's very much a part of the herd now - even if the others are still a little jealous of her snuggly rug! You're more than welcome to visit her in the new year - it would be lovely too see you. xx Mags.

thelma said...

That looks very pretty Jennie, and is that the Lady of Shalott floating down the river over the mantlepiece, very Wm Morris ;).

nita x said...

thats really effective jennie, lovely :o)

Bovey Belle said...

Thelma - the Lady of Shalott indeed - one of our favourites!

Mags - looking forward to seeing my wee girl again.

Nita and Arlene - hello to my two faithfuls!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I t looks really effective.
I saw a galand made from folde corner to corner christmas cloth napkins like flags all stitched looked pretty great too