Monday 8 December 2008

Back in the morning

I made the mistake of washing off the wall beneath the window recently and big chunks of paint flaked off. I decided it would have to be redecorated, so in the past week, that's what has kept me occupied in between walks. Now we have paler terracotta walls (the light in this photo is bad - old colour suggests room had been Tango'd!) and sparkling white woodwork. I never want to lift any heavy furniture again, or have to vacuum the dust from the tops of upwards of 250 books . . .


I will post properly tomorrow. I have had no broadband connection between 9 a.m. and 7.15 p.m. today (and not very happy about it either). I shall post when I can - about to go get a bath to rid myself of paint splashes as we've been cracking on with the redecorating in our sitting room and have finally finished the walls! One skirting board to do and then I can get back to the Morning Room and finish painting that (imagine Sherbert Lemons and egg yolks and you're not far off - really suits the room as it's big and high-ceilinged.)

No chance of a walk today as so busy and then it came on to rain steadily this afternoon, but tomorrow is another day . . .

No comments: