Thursday, 3 April 2008
Arte y Pico Award
This beautiful award from Arte y Pico at:
has been given to me based on the criterion listed below and I’m very honored to be distinguished in this way. The award was given to me by my dear friend Nancy at: http://morthanenough.wordpress.com
Thank you so much, Nancy! Nancy received the award and when you visit her blog you’ll understand why.
There are 5 rules:
1) Pick 5 blogs that You Feel Are Deserving of this award based on their
(c) interesting material, and
(d) contribution to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2) For each award giver: Include the name of the author and a link to their blog, so they can be visited.
3) For each award recipient: Show the award with the name and link to the blogger from whom it was received.
4) For both giver and receiver: Show the link of Arte y Pico. (http://arteypico.blogspot.com/)
5) Publish these rules.
My choices for recipients of this award are:
1. Leanne at Somerset Seasons http://www.somersetseasons.blogspot.com/
for her fascinating contributions about Folklore, fabulous sunrise and sunset photographs, beautiful poetry, inspirational recipes and sewing and the best Playlist I've ever come across!
2. Mrs Nesbitt at http://mrsnesbittsplace.blogspot.com/
for her journeys all over Yorkshire by motorbike, for her dog walking photographs, poetry, and the words to every song I think I ever sang at my mother's knee! I wish my blogsite design was as good.
3. For GTM over at http://greentwinsmummyasimplelife.blogspot.com/
for making me remember what it was like having little ones, for memories of the beautiful Dorset countryside, for celebrating village life in its minutiae and for an eclectic Playlist, not to mention for writing passionately about what she believes in and passing the message forward.
4. For Lottie over at http://kooringa.com/
whose blog I have probably been following the longest, and like Mrs Nesbitt, has been a great inspiration to me. Her garden, allotment and wonderful poultry have kept me amused for many dank winter mornings, and her artwork is second to none and incredibly creative - she is so talented. Her posts are always long and profusely illustrated and she never fails to deliver. She also has the cutest grandson - does that count too?
5. For Yarrow over at http://oakmoon.blogspot.com/
who reminds me of me when young! She is a wonderful artist, sculptress, mother, cook, gardener and horsewoman and her blog reflects this.
I have had a whole new chapter of my life open up since I began blogging, and these 5 friends (and Nancy and others Stateside who have been so encouraging) have shown how one can express the real person inside - the person who has to be mother, wife, daughter, friend and so many different things besides, and who through blogging, can really be themselves (and indulge every creative whim!)